Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Games

Okami (PS2)


I'm finally ready to play the end stage of Okami, after 50 hours of playing already. This is IGN's and my best of 2006 game. Its graphics are beautiful, the playstyle is original (combination of keypad and awesome brush mode), the storyline is actually touching (I almost cried at the Ark of Yamato), and the characters are intriguing (Issun is a little annoying at times, but nothing like the letdown in ff12's Vaan).

I'm already planning to play it again in +mode after I beat it. I seriously never play any game to completion, but Okami is really that good. Also I'm thinking about getting its soundtrack because I'm a nerd.

But if you decide to get Okami, just brave through the aggravating voice effects and the hold my hand start for the first few hours. Trust me, it's worth playing.


On to the other console games I actually play:

Katamari Damacy & We Love Katamari (PS2)

Best game for relaxing. And yes, those are buildings in the second picture.

Pikmin & Pikmin 2 (GameCube)

Strategy game for people who prefer to order turnip sprites around instead of medieval armies or futuristic tanks (and by people, I mean me).

Zoo Keeper (Nintendo DS)

The DS version of the free Flash game. Although not free, it was nice to have different game modes like 5 min competition, quest, etc. Nice for long lines, bus rides, and realization that 1 hour goes by pretty fast.

Trauma Center: Under the Knife (Nintendo DS)

If you enjoyed the game Operation as a little kid, this is similar--excitement, heart pumping stress, and little medical basis.

Ose! Tatakae! Ouendan! (Nintendo DS)

I don't think there's an English version released yet, but you might consider importing this. Yakuza-like punks cheer people on with dancing and high spirits. The DS version of DDR and other music games.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

na na na na na na na... KATAMARI DAMACY!!! I have no PS2 anymore since my older brothers moved out. I haven't played FF12, but I can't rationalize buying it just to play 1 dumb game.

Unknown said...

Now I have the theme stuck in my head :(

And don't buy PS2. Buy PS3 :P