Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Goodbye

My oldest cat died tonight.

I wasn't planning on crying but the speaker phone call with my parents for some words of parting was too much. I said farewell awkwardly and quietly, but here is really what I want to say to you, Mimi:

I'm glad you're my cat. I wish you've enjoyed our family and our time together. I apologize for neglects and mistakes, and my short temper when I was little, and long time away when I grew up. I'm sorry we couldn't handle your last days better, and hope you didn't suffer.

Thank you for everything you've taught me. Naps are great but afternoon naps in the sunshine are better. Our time together was a long 17 years, but I wish it was longer. I know it's better that you've gone. It was hard being old.

We've had a lot of good times. I'll remember the things you've taught me. The hardest part is knowing you'd never be there anymore.

Thank you. I'll miss you.











No comments: