Monday, April 9, 2007

Bacon Blog

The creator of Achewood, my favorite online comic, writes his characters' blogs as well as his own. Though I love to read my friends' updates, Chris's blog has been the most enjoyable out of my daily reading list: (1) his use of language and humor combine into an irresistible narrative format and (2) he's recently writing about bacon.

Just read his newest entry. The best part is the pun on "rumination".

I love English.

And here's a little blog excerpt from Roast Beef, my favorite character so far on Achewood:
Since I was so wet I couldn't climb back in bed, which meant I was Up Early. I hate bein' Up Early cause it usually means I worry about Showbiz and Gramma K and my kidneys and all that stuff. Basically I just sat on the couch and watched TV judges say who could and could not have their kids anymore, and then when Molly got up I asked real nice if I could have a cup of baked beans and since she knew I was in a Place she was real understanding about it. (Baked beans are like my version of Prozac, except they can't be relied on.)

2 comments:

algelic said...

Awwww! *sniff* I checked out that blog... but my English isn't that good. I mean... there are lots of things I don't understand.

I had lost the link to this blog. I have to put it on my «quicklist» on my blog.

jomiel said...

His English is a mix of sophistication and wackiness, and there are lots of things I don't understand, either. But his writing style is definitely unparalleled.